[Rhodes22-list] Sacrificial Toothpicks

Michael Hellyar michaelhellyar at icloud.com
Sat Jun 22 12:58:58 EDT 2013

Thanks Ben. Might surprise you to know the 70 to 80 mph Sandy winds and five days of nonstop rain ripped Northeast Ohio and my genoa. Many sailboats were sunk along the shores of Lake Erie. But to your point. I just wrote Stan and my conclusion was as you stated that the issue is the unique non-sailing risk of error with the DIY mast raising.  Take your experience. If the mast had been through bolted would it have changed the outcome ? No. It only matters if the mast comes down in an uncontrollable manner as when a DIY mast raising without help or experience.

I hope you are back on the water again.

Mike Hellyar
sent from my iPad