[Rhodes22-list] 175 and Backstay Tension

C. Robert Lester C.Robert.Lester at dartmouth.edu
Sat Jun 22 23:56:49 EDT 2013

Shawn,
I'm curious how you lengthened the forestay? I was troubled with a decision this weekend with this issue. My CDI doesn't  dispense the  line at the correct aft opening of the CDI furler. I can do 2 things
1. Rotate the stainless steel housing that has 2 set screws underneath so the line doesn't chaif.
2. Remove the "link" between the chain plate and CDI furler connection, which apparently lenthens the forestay & also happens to turn the connector 90° which aligns the CDI stainless steal housing  so the feed doesn't chaif the furler line.
I can accomplish this easily by adjusting the backstays to allow the link to be removed.(which may prove to be an undesirable rake on the mast) Or I can adjust through the CDI adjustable-internal link.
Need to reread the manual on the CDI as it is new to me.
Confused about this email.....my fault....but appreciate input from anyone suffering the same "Chaif".
Bob