[Rhodes22-list] Latest Practical Sailor bottom paint ratings

peter klappert peterklappert at comcast.net
Fri Mar 1 15:39:11 EST 2013

By coincidence the new (March 2013) issue of PS just reached my mailbox. The lead story is on antifouling paints.  29 paints get "recommended" "best choice (*)" or "Budget buy ($)" ratings. Many are Pettits:

Hard paints @26 months: Pettit Copperguard ($); Trinidad (*);  Trinidad Pro; Trinidad SR; Unexpoxy ($); Unepoxy Plus; Vivid

Ablative Paints @ 26 months: Pettit Horizons; Hydrocoat;

New Ablative Paints @ 15 months: Pettit Hydrocoat PR

BTW the charts have a special column for Florida ratings.