[Rhodes22-list] Great Lakes Voyage

Dennis mcneelyd at site-solutions.com
Mon Mar 4 22:05:14 EST 2013

I've seen Stan's system Charles, and you're right - it's great. The problem
is that I've been cursed with an inventor's mindset, and I'm constantly
tossing around ideas to make it simpler. Or easier. Or faster. Or
something...

In the case of the mast mechanism, (ideally) I'd like to raise or lower the
mast singlehanded while on mildly lumpy water, (ideally) without leaving the
cockpit, and (ideally) it would come to rest horizontally in the 'correct'
place - a few feet forward of the pulpit, and a few feet aft of the pushpit
- without having to slide it fore or aft once it had been lowered.

I've mocked up a system that will do all of the above (using Legos!!) - but
I'll still have to go forward briefly to release tension from the
headstay/furler and the babystay. Bummer.

I'll put a short video on the blog showing the concept - perhaps in the next
week or so. Stop by for a look if it's of interest.

Dennis

s/v Magic Moments
berthed in Gibraltar, Michigan

-> original snipped for your reading pleasure :)