[Rhodes22-list] Rudder attachment

Lowe, Rob rlowe at vt.edu
Tue Mar 12 09:44:48 EDT 2013

Since we're discussing this, I took a few more photos last night.  If you compare the photo that Rummy posted of the top part of his rudder assembly (below) to mine (attachment), they are basically the same shape, but made of different materials and constructed differently.  The attachment system to the boat is entirely different. The second attachment shows the hardware that is used to attach to the mounting brackets on the transom, which are not pintles.  Makes me wonder if mine is reconstructed.  Anyone else's look anything like mine?  Mines got the adjustment clutch for the control line, so when I looked at the boat I assumed it was original equipment and didn't look at the other details.

http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attachments/20130311/612b4e65/attachment.jpeg

for another piece of evidence that this boat motor took a hard whack at some point, I had noticed that the motor lock did not function.  Took it apart last night and found out way.  the final attachment shows the latch for the motor lock and it is quite evident that one of the tabs is bent.  Nice thing about this part is the replacement is only $12. - rob