[Rhodes22-list] Rudder attachment

Lowe, Rob rlowe at vt.edu
Tue Mar 12 11:08:57 EDT 2013

Bill,
See, there is a reason that you rejoined the list!  Thanks for the info!

I thought this was factory, just due to the rope clutch that is used.  It looks like those I've seen on newer boats.

I'm not sure if that hole is countersunk, or just worn, or just the way the photo took.  I'll look again.  The biggest problem I had (from my post on the subject last week (repeated below)..

...."A fast pin (photo 4) was used to pin the rudder into the bracket.  However, the fast pin would not go through both holes in the bracket on the boat because the hole on the bottom of the bracket was smaller than the hole at the top so that fast pin could not pass through the entire bracket.  Anyone else have this setup?  Seems a bit odd to me.  My first thought is to enlarge the lower hole so that a longer fast pin would go all the way through, but want to check with you folks first. "

Here is the upper bracket
http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attachments/20130311/b4416f42/attachment-0001.JPG

Here is the fast pin.
http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attachments/20130311/b4416f42/attachment-0003.JPG