[Rhodes22-list] Forestay Details - 1984 R22 With Original

James Cross jgcross007 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 15:27:32 EDT 2013

Hi, Steve:

Thanks so much for this information.  I appreciate your help.

I was so anxious to get my R22 on the water last summer when I took the old
furler and headstay apart to fix it (temporarily with galvanized aircraft
wire  :>(  )   I did not pay attention to the details of the arrangement -
how the forestay attached at each end; whether there was a turnbuckle,
etc.     What is the connection point at the top of the mast - a tang with
a hole; or a vail??  If I remember the bottom connection is just a hole in
the SS strap at the bow which takes a forked toggle.

Seems a bit odd to have an adjuster at the top of the mast - not too
convenient to get to!!

Thanks again for your help.

Looks like I am headed for a CDI FF-2  furler unit.  I am also upgrading my
forestay to 5/32" from 1/8" dia for some additional strength.

Cheers!

James Cross
S/V Élan
Cap Egmont, PEI