[Rhodes22-list] Bilge Pumps

Lowe, Rob rlowe at vt.edu
Tue Mar 19 16:42:20 EDT 2013

Marlan,
Most people who install a bilge pump do so under the cabin sole right in front of the swing keel.  Most boats have access to the bilge in this area and there is room to install a cheap buy-at-Kmart-type of bilge pump.  Discharge is usually tied into the sink drain through a T in that line.  I have pictures of my old setup I can send later.  Some people just use a manual bilge pump as you shouldn't be taking on much (if any) water in the first place.  Me, I use a sponge which has proven adequate. - rob