[Rhodes22-list] shake down sail

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Fri Mar 29 13:15:57 EDT 2013

Jim,

Ditto on Bill's Holy Crap Good Friday comment.  If you happen to know the
Baltimore hospital where Stan is vacationing please let us know.

Huge congratulations on the new boat!  As with most things there will be a
learning curve but you'll know 90% of what you need to know in no time.
You'll be learning much of the other 10% over your lifetime but the
challenge of constantly discovering knew things is part of the fun.

The biggest challenge I had with my new boat was learning to furl and sail
well in high winds.  As for furling/unfurling you need to keep pressure off
the sails so try to keep the boat facing into the wind as much as possible
(wise to use your motor).  As for sailing in high winds I almost always had
too much sail out.  I still do.

If I remember I think you'll be sailing the Upstate New York Great Lakes but
if you're ever near the Chesapeake you're more than welcome to come out for
a sail.  I may not know much about sailing the Rhodes but I sure think and
act like I do.

Best of luck!

Lee
1986 Rhodes22  AT EASE