[Rhodes22-list] educational rebuttal

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Tue May 7 15:35:08 EDT 2013

Stan,

Well said.  You ought to recover more often.

"However, to those creative early-boat owners who over-tighten or somehow
manage
to sail into obstacles..."

Who would be stupid enough to do that?

http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/2012-June/071227.html
<http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/2012-June/071227.html>

I completely lost my two port shrouds and wasn't able to furl my main and
Genoa back in for at least 15 minutes in a 10+ knot wind.  I don't remember
the mast even waivering much less come crashing down.  How many other boats
would pass that test?

You don't really need an over-built boat until you really need an over-built
boat.

...and thank you for that!

Lee
1986 Rhodes22  AT EASE