[Rhodes22-list] Jammed IMF:(

Theodore Boender boendert at me.com
Sat May 11 13:07:22 EDT 2013

Guys and gals,

Epic sailing yesterday on a warm spring day in Boston harbor was ruined by jammed IMF:( Yes, I skipped out of work on a Friday to go sailing:)

 I pulled like hell and tried different points is sail to no avail. The sail would only come 1/4 of the way out.

What's a rookie like me to do? Should I take the mast down and inspect on the ground? Any advice?

Good news was the genny by itself worked well on most points of sail and we still had an awesome time getting to know the new boat. I am loving every minute!

Any advice?

Ted
S/v AIRPOWER
R22 1991/2013