[Rhodes22-list] Suggestion for a new motor

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Sat May 18 09:12:47 EDT 2013

Hi Robert,

We replaced our 1998 Honda 8 with a Yamaha 8 HT (elec start) several
years ago. We like the motor but have had several problems with
ethanol fuel.combined with low use. We finally found someone who will
sell us ethanol free gas so we'll see how it goes this season. One of
the things we like best about the motor is the easily accessible
flushing port on the top of the motor, You just hook it up to a hose
and flush it with the motor off.  Yamaha no longer makes the 8 high
thrust but they do make a 9.9.

Best,
Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless (Recycled 1998)