[Rhodes22-list] Suggestion for a new motor

Geoff Farrell geoffreylfarrell at gmail.com
Sat May 18 09:22:13 EDT 2013

I have the Yamaha 9.9 HT 4-stroke long shaft. Plenty of power and idles
beautifully, but, like Mary Lou, I've had carburetor problems with low use
and ethanol gas. I had to have the carb rebuilt after just 3 years, and, I
always use stabilizer. I'm hoping that now that I've switched to
ethanol-free gas my problems are solved.... we'll see.

PS: I've also replaced the fuel tank and lines just in case that was
contributing to the problem. I've heard that the 4-strokes, which are very
fuel efficient, have very small and sensitive carb jets that are
susceptible to fouling if you are not careful. I hope to also install a
separate fuel/water filter next season.