[Rhodes22-list] Furling Jib Sail Options

Theodore Boender boendert at me.com
Sat May 18 14:39:00 EDT 2013

Jay,

I am in the same boat. No pun intended:)

The 175 is just too much for me to handle. Looking through the list I see lots on conversation related to the benefits of the 175. I get it but man it's a big sail for a rookie like me. Things get ugly when I am trying to tack with that beast. Not to mention on Thursday when we had 20-30 mph winds. It was too much for me so we called it a day and motored home.

I am interested to hear the latest scuttlebutt on headsails for the R22. I am thinking I am in the market for something a little easier to handle on the appropriate days.

Then again, maybe I just need some lessons from Rummy.

Take care
Ted

SV AIRPOWER
R22 1991/2013