[Rhodes22-list] availability of 130% genoas

Wickman, William E WEWickman at spectraenergy.com
Mon May 20 16:19:44 EDT 2013

So now that you have had it for a few years, how has it held up?  Also, did you get a luff pad as well?

Stan's 130 offering raises some interesting questions for discussion.  It seems to me that the 130 combined with a UPS might be a really nice combination.  Go with the 130 in medium to heavy air, or when you want to point as high as possible; and put up the UPS in lighter air.  Maybe use both together when running downwind?  I wonder if they could both be used simultaneously like a cutter rig (though probably not enough room between the luffs, has anyone tried to do that)?  Hmm. Maybe add a bowsprit and put the UPS at the end of it.  But now we are messing with Stan's boat design which should not be done.

Another question is what would the cut on the 130 look like?  It would be nice if it had more deck clearance than the 175.  I frequently have people sitting up front while sailing and would be nice to be able to tack without sweeping them overboard; although sometimes it is fun to do.

Bill W.
s/v Fina Lee