[Rhodes22-list] Mounting deck hardware

Graham Stewart gstewart8 at cogeco.ca
Sat May 25 10:07:49 EDT 2013

A while back some of us were discussing the need to bevel holes for deck
hardware and the proper installation of hardware to avoid crazing of the gel
coat and leaks. The following URL takes you to what I consider to be an
excellent and extremely well documented description of the why and how of
installing deck hardware. The author also has some interesting comments
about 3M 5200 and why it should be avoided. Some think that this is overkill
but for those more obsessive types like me, it is pretty persuasive.

http://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-maintenance/63554-bedding-deck-hardware-b
utyl-tape.html

Graham Stewart

gstewart8 at cogeco.ca