[Rhodes22-list] Holding and water tanks

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Tue May 28 11:47:04 EDT 2013

Graham,

The water tank is located under the aft end of the v-berth on the starboard
side.  According to Stan's website it's 15 gallons.  I assume you can use
any off-the-shelf potable water container that would fit.  Stan's tank is
probably off-the-shelf.  I don't think he customizes anything that's already
available.

Having an enclosed head with a marine toilet on a 22 foot boat is pretty
cool, but like you my portapotty is rarely used and much simpler.  Camping
toilets with poop powder are probably even easier.  I've a toilet seat that
fits on a 5-gallon paint bucket.  Put a little kitty-litter in a trash bag
and clean-up is even easier.

I tried sailing against the wind to Rock Hall on Sunday.  The wind wasn't
much more than twelve knots most of the time but the small craft advisory
waves were breaking over the bow nonstop.  After four hours I gave up and
flew back home on a run in less than an hour.  Peeing over the side was not
a safe option and using a urinal without spillage was challenging.
Fortunately my cheeks were clenched so tight I didn't need the portapotty.

Good luck!

Lee
1986 Rhodes22  AT EASE
Kent Island, MD