[Rhodes22-list] Traveling with motor mounted.

Richard Beytagh rbeytagh at gmail.com
Tue May 28 20:16:06 EDT 2013

Hi Rob

This is John and Julie Waldhausen's boat and sadly, not mine. I am helping
out on the delivery so I am now en-route back to NC, It seems like I am
having all the drama on the return trip. Front wheel bearing on the truck
failed and I limped into Rawlins WY (don't worry you won't find it on the
map). Being Memorial day nothing was open, but I hope to be on my way again
early tomorrow.

The trailer was set-up with about 200 lbs weight on the front and a good
12" gap between the bow and the front vee. I stuck to the Interstates and
tried to avoid going through any large cities as it is here that you get
the bad roads and traffic. I probably averaged about 65-70 on the Eastern
side, but when I reached the prairies I pushed the it up to 70-75 mph. The
boat was strapped down and was very stable in the trailer. It was only when
we launched that I found one of the wooden cradle slats had sheared through
and it was only the weight of the boat that kept it in place.

It was easy to place the boat precisely on the trailer as it was suspended
and we could move the trailer around freely (pic). A great benefit to the
trailer was it had an extension tongue that added an extra 8' and allowed
us to launch at low tide with barely the axle of the truck in the water.

Cheers
Richard

Richard
Cell: 828 337 0180