[Rhodes22-list] Inquiry on 130% genoa

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Thu Nov 7 11:24:36 EST 2013

Art,
Hull speed is easily surpassed. It just takes a lot of ballast (crew),
enough wind and a lot of rum.
I spent last weekend down on St. Simons Island with Captain Bob Keller
(Former Rhodes owner, Yankee Clipper) on his new to him Catalina 310. Had
enough  wind to get his hull up to 8.3 which is faster than the rated hull speed
for his  boat.

Rummy

In a message dated 11/5/2013 4:48:49 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,