[Rhodes22-list] Inquiry on 130% genoa

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Fri Nov 8 15:29:59 EST 2013

Winds started out around ten to fifteen when we went out around noon. They
kept getting stronger and were in the twenty five range with at least one
gust  higher than that. We finally pushed our luck to hard and around three
thirty we  had the mast in the water. No harm and no foul. Lost one pack of
cigarettes and  four rum and cokes. Pumped the water out of the cabin and
went back to the dock  under motor power.........and still drinking. :)

Rummy

Rummy

In a message dated 11/8/2013 2:57:59 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
boendert at me.com writes:

How much  wind are we talking here? 25kts?

On Nov 8, 2013, at 2:50 PM, Rick  <sloopblueheron at gmail.com> wrote:

> You probably hit a drunken  whale.
>

> On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 7:18 AM,  <R22RumRunner at aol.com> wrote:
>
>> Rick,
>>  Yes. RumRunner had mast in the water. Stan doesn't like me posting  the
>> story. :) Much alcohol and four experienced sailors were  involved.
Pushed
>> the
>> boat beyond its limits. What a  day it was. We were well into our second
>> bottle  of  rum.....and not the small ones.
>>
>> Rummy
>>

>> In a message dated 11/7/2013 7:15:21 P.M. Eastern  Standard Time,
>> sloopblueheron at gmail.com writes:
>>
>> Rummy,
>>
>> I missed your original post, but  did you say you laid  over a
>> moving/sailing
>>  R22?
>>
>> Rick
>>

>> On  Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at  2:02 PM, <R22RumRunner at aol.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> Art,
>>> I know  what you  are asking, but we were so drunk when we laid
RumRunner
>>>  over  that I have no clue as to how to answer your question.  Two
>> batteries
>>> and
>>> water tank  forward. 8hp Tohatsu hanging off back end. 4 sailors on
board
>> so
>>> I  have no idea on balance of boat.  I know that we had  the rail buried
>> most
>>> of  the  day and it was rounding up  frequently just prior to  getting
>> knocked
>>> down by a  180 degree   wind change. It still is one of my best days
>>  sailing.
>>> I will try to  get the new owners (Yankee  Clipper) name for you. I
don't
>>> believe I have seen them  on the list. Water in the lake, but the Corps
>> is
>>>  determined to drop it four feet for the winter.
>>>
>>> Rummy
>>>

>>> In a  message dated 11/7/2013 12:09:53 P.M.  Eastern Standard  Time,
>>> cover-man at comcast.net writes:
>>>
>>> Rummy,
>>>
>>> Truly, only with the  touch of the Rumster!  And  the sage wisdom of
>>  Captain
>>> Keller.   Have you ever noticed   a  change of waterline length of the
R22
>>> when heeling or  with  additional ballast  forrward,  such a key factor
 in
>>> the
>>> hull speed?
>>>
>>> Are Bob and Sheila  getting out  on blue water  yet?  I want to get the
>> name
>>> of his new   Yankee  Clipper owner so I can be of help with his BR.
>>>
>>> I  hope all is well with  you and your boat.   Like, plenty of water
this
>>> year...
>>>
>>> R,
>>>
>>> Art