[Rhodes22-list] Using mast crutch for tarp

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Tue Nov 12 10:33:40 EST 2013

Where the batteries are stored doesn't matter. What really matters is that
they like to be fully charged. If a battery is allowed to drain voltage
over the  winter, it is possible for them to freeze and crack the case. Battery
acid does  not freeze, but water will. I would recommend charging the
batteries fully with  a charger and then put a trickle/maintainer charger on the
winter months. In the  south we use our boats year around, but obviously
some days are better than  others. We cover the speed boat and turn the battery
switch to the off position,  but leave a trickle charger attached all
winter. The Rhodes is used more often  and I have a deep cycle charger on board
which is plugged in when at the  dock.

Rummy

In a message dated 11/12/2013 8:21:59 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,