[Rhodes22-list] Using mast crutch for tarp

Ronald Lipton ronald.lipton at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 11:52:35 EST 2013

In past years, when I stored the boat in my back yard, I rested the mast
on the bow and stern railings and used plastic
fencing material supported by PVC to support the tarp over the cockpit.
I still got some pooling and ice buildup which
I removed from time to time.  Two years ago I started storing the boat
in the parking lot of Montrose Harbor, off of
Lake Michigan.  Conditions were much harsher and the yard is not
accessible during the winter. When I came back in the
spring the tarp had completely disappeared.  I had it shrink wrapped
last year, but the cost really hurts my
skinflint side.  This year I am going to try to keep the mast up and use
my cockpit cover supported by some
wooden struts to keep water and snow out of the cockpit.  We will see
how that works...

Ron