[Rhodes22-list] recommendations for mast electrical wiring routing

Ric Stott ric at steelbone.com
Wed Nov 13 14:41:19 EST 2013

Coincidentally - I'm doing exactly the same and I'm almost at the same
point.
I do have some of the original wiring, but not all and nothing works.
There was a fuse panel just inside the companionway - it was shot.
I bought a new 8 circuit breaker panel and built a mahogany plank for
it that fits just inside the bulkhead behind the centerboard line -
I'll put a clear plexi cover on it to keep the spray off it.
I thought about placing the breaker panel above the galley like
present day versions of the R22, but much of my sketchy wiring leads
to the companionway bulkhead and I thought extending wiring with
splices not such a great idea.
I only have one battery and want to install another along with a solar
panel.
I also want to re-wire the motor so the electric start works.
Lets stay in touch and compare notes/photos.

Ric
s/v Dadventure
Hampton Bays NY