[Rhodes22-list] Trailer guide replacement

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Sat Nov 23 07:17:27 EST 2013

Rob,
My only concern is that there isn't any wiggle room if you install carpet
on the bunks. To close for comfort.

Rummy

In a message dated 11/22/2013 2:01:49 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
rlowe at vt.edu writes:

The  pieces of metal that support the guide boards on my trailer rusted
through and  the wood was rotten and had to be replaced.  I took the trailer to
my  local car repair guy to weld new angle iron supports on.  He did, but
when he replaced them, he welded the new ones so that they were
perpendicular  to the trailer frame, as opposed to vertical.  This means they lean in
towards each other, narrowing the distance between them.  I was really
afraid that they were so close together so that I would have trouble loading  my
boat.  As you can see, there is enough room for the keel, but just  barely!
- rob