[Rhodes22-list] Fitting a trailer

Rob Granger rgranger at sbc.edu
Wed Oct 2 15:15:07 EDT 2013

There are two different Rob's bouncing around this forum... so I'm going to
sign off as "Other Rob"  :-)

Yes, my trailer has two 5000lb axles so I got the overkill down.   The
tires are LT's (light truck) so I think I'm okay there also.   I need to
add breaks to the trailer and I found a kit for electric breaks for $300.
I have surge on my other boat's trailer and LOVE them.   But dang if that
don't cost a penny.  I've never towed with electric and then there is the
problem of forgetting to unplug them before you launch and destroying
them... (so I've read) but I'd have to forget 5 times and have to do a
complete rebuild 5 times before the surge breaks become the cheaper option.

Anyway, I'll try and snap a few pics this weekend.   My solution is not the
most elegant but it sure looks strong and should work.

Other Rob