[Rhodes22-list] Mac's 130 Genoa

Chris Cowie ccowie at cowieassociates.com
Wed Oct 2 19:59:34 EDT 2013

Lee:
Sounds like you had a great day for sailing.  We have posted in the past
about the pointing ability of the Rhodes 22.  With my 180 I can only point
about 60 degrees or 120 from tack to tack.  I have tried a number of
refinements but don't seem to be able to improve on this.  Other boats while
not much faster than me make it to the mark sooner because they can point
higher.  Do you think the 130 does a better job pointing?

Mac:
Sounds like we will get to work together again this year in Annapolis.  I
plan to sail up early Thursday morning from Gailesville, work the show
Thursday, stay overnight, work Friday and come back Monday to work and then
sail back to Gailesville late afternoon Monday as the show winds down.