[Rhodes22-list] Goodeneck

Ric Stott ric at steelbone.com
Tue Oct 15 10:07:47 EDT 2013

Thanks for these links, very helpful.
I have a new main sail with reef points as I never liked the boom
reefing system.
The gooseneck for the boom is fine. The gooseneck for the pop top is
not.
Attached are 2 pics showing the original pop top attachment with a
ring attached to a spring loaded pin.  The pin does not find a hole to
rest in - it must be broken.
The composite material this piece is made of, is decomposing and weak.
Am I correct in thinking that the spring loaded pin is supposed to
seat in a hole in the back of the slot?
Ric
s/v Dadventure
Hampton Bays, NY