[Rhodes22-list] (now) replacement traveler

Chris Cowie ccowie at cowieassociates.com
Fri Oct 18 15:37:26 EDT 2013

Stan gave me the new GB traveler for testing and I give it a thumbs up.
Sorry I didn't have some better photos to post but the show sorted ended in
a somewhat chaotic blur packaging my boat up for the first time in the dark
at Truxton park for a trip back to the plant after five years of sailing.
The new test GB traveler has a continuous loop line threw two cam cleats at
each end and car (not visible in the photo that was posted) for the main
sheet to attach that slides along the metal bar.  The bar is exactly the
same as my old traveler and it's amazing how easy it is to change from one
to the other by simply removing two pins.  The multiple pulley system
provides better purchase and allows the car to move with less effort.  It's
also nice not having to uncoil and recoil each of the red traveler lines
before and after each use.  The cam cleats are oversized and Stan is
planning on smaller cleats that would be better. Only the windward cleat
needs to be engaged.  I tend to use the traveler often trying to improve my
pointing ability and like the feel of the new traveler.  Support GB and
place an order for the new traveler.