[Rhodes22-list] R22 Electrical & main sail flaking system

Goodness spreadgoodnews at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 19:10:16 EDT 2013

I love lazy jacks.  Make your own.  Buy 100' of 3/16 polyester yacht braid and 6 small synthetic (non-swiveling) blocks and 8 pad eyes (or small cleats). 2 small pad eyes (for mast head)
Add a pad eye to each side of the mast head.
  Run a line down from the top of the mast on each side half way to the boom to first block, run a length of line through sheave tie each end to a block. Run two small lengths through each sheave and tie each end to the boom.  Play around with the lengths until you like it. Then move the lines on the boom till they look right.  (closer to the gooseneck to catch the bulk of the sail). Then add small pad eyes or cleats to the boom to attach the ends of the lines to.  Make sure its symmetrical on each side.

6 blocks (3 each side),  8 pad eyes or cleats, masthead pad eyes.
100' of small yacht braid = lazy jacks < $100.
Mainsail not crashing into your cockpit making you slip and curse.....priceless!

Bob