[Rhodes22-list] R22 installing portlights and hatches

Graham Stewart gstewart8 at cogeco.ca
Thu Sep 19 14:26:49 EDT 2013

Thanks Bob:
Actually, I had already called Beckson about the installation and they told
me that the port is supposed to be installed from the inside - so you did it
exactly as they propose. Apparently you can ease the bending of the outside
trim by warming it if necessary. You can then trim the "spigot" as necessary
to conform with the shape of the cabin top. He also said that you can
purchase additional trim pieces that can be sanded and layered  to build up
the shim for the inside but using wood is fine too. Getting the shape of the
shim right might not be so easy.

Thanks again for the feedback. It never occurred to me that they would be
installed from the inside.

Graham Stewart
gstewart8 at cogeco.ca
613 389-1737