[Rhodes22-list] R22 installing portlights and hatches

Richard Stott ric at steelbone.com
Tue Sep 17 11:07:08 EDT 2013

Graham
The small hatch on my '84 R22 in front of the mast on centerline is only about 10 x 10.
It leaks a brown stained drip that I can only assume comes from the fiberglass core.
I want to replace it with a 12 x 18 hatch again, on centerline - I think there's enough room.
The new boats have two large hatches, one on either side of the mast and farther back.
I have to fix the leak and want a larger hatch, but don't want to spend the money and time to install two hatches and re-work the fiberglass at the old hatch location.
If any one has done this, I'd appreciate some feedback.
Ric
s/v Dadventure
Hampton Bays NY