[Rhodes22-list] Center Board Lift Line

Graham Stewart gstewart8 at cogeco.ca
Mon Sep 30 14:45:43 EDT 2013

I have attached a very rough diagram of the centreboard line path that I
drew when I removed mine. There are two blocks on the centreboard and one on
the cap. The line starts on the cap, goes under the first block on the
board, up over the block attached to the cap, down under the second
centreboard block and up through the tube. In my case I found that the
blocks had seized and yet I was still able to raise the board without too
much difficulty. Seized blocks would probably be worse than no blocks and so
I will be tempted to dispense with the blocks if others find them to not be
necessary.

Graham