[Rhodes22-list] Center Board Questions and pics

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Wed Apr 2 17:13:03 EDT 2014

Ric,

As an original owner of a 1981 Rhodes, I can say that without a doubt, the
hose installed by Stan was simply garden hose, probably a cutoff from the
hose used for the cb pennant tube.  They kept our cb in place for over 30
years without problem, although I did not launch with the board down
(although I often recovered to the trailer with the cb down to engage the
underwater guides).  Make sure that the stainless tube inside the cb is
still there to engage the grooves in the cb trunk.

The line was 1/4" braided nylon.  The original was blue.  Never use twisted
nylon.

The blocks provide mechanical advantage to reduce the effort required to
bring up the 80 lb cb.  I believe the standard arrangement used 2 blocks and
achieved a 4:1 advantage.  There are diagrams on the site to help, a few of
which are included at the end of this posting for your convenience.

If you need help, I am not far away (as long as it is before Memorial Day).

Mike
s/v <-- NoName -->  ('91)
Nissequogue River, NY