[Rhodes22-list] Tohatsu 4s 5hp

cjlowe at sssnet.com cjlowe at sssnet.com
Thu Apr 3 17:18:04 EDT 2014

I have the 6 hp Nissan ob,2004 era. The only difference is carberation, I
believe. It's been a good unit, only problem I've had was something
plugging the high speed jet. I gave it a heavy dose of seafoam and it
cleared up. I always use the recommended dose of seafoam since then and
have not had any trouble. I motor about 3 miles an outing, twice a week,
may thru sept and use about 4 gallons of gas a year. When the tank gets
down a gallon , I replace it to keep condensation to a minimum. There is
some vibration, but, I don't know of any 4-stroke under 8 hp that is 2
cylinder.

ii> Think about the issue of one vs two cylinders and vibration!