[Rhodes22-list] Tohatsu 4s 5hp

Chrissailorman chrissailorman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 18:53:00 EDT 2014

I sail in a fairly large bay, never the ocean, local inlets are very tricky and unpredictable. Strong currents, waves and a 6 hp motor on a heavy boat don't make for happy sailors... If needed and weather kicks up.... I can always head to the nearest marina to wait things out, although the owner of my first Rhodes had a 5hp on it, I think and he motored around the end of Long Island for near 5 hours in a bad chop....so he told me...
In the lake, unless your talking Lake Michigan...ha! You could probably get away with as little as 2hp....don't know that I would go that small though. I had a Nissan 4hp, 2 stroke that pushed me pretty well.
CG

Sent from my iPad