[Rhodes22-list] HOW DO YOU SAIL SINGLEHANDED?

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Mon Aug 4 18:39:26 EDT 2014

I sail Grand Traverse Bay single-handed.  10-12 knots is about my limit --
I'm usually quite alone out there and the water is cold, especially this
year.  I'm not worried about the boat going over as much as I am me going
over.  I'm learning to not put out the entire 175 jib unless there's just a
minor breeze.  I also will drop the boom to the lower setting if the wind is
gusty.

Can you provide more details on the autohelm?  How does it work, how is it
affixed to the boat, how much do they cost?  I would think it would be great
for single-handing.  I can hardly move around much when I'm out there.

Thanks,

Bruce M.
s/v Tuxedo
'88 refurbished