[Rhodes22-list] Help needed with choosing an outboard for my Rhodes 22

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Tue Aug 26 17:52:17 EDT 2014

I'm in the process of joining you Rhodes owners after waiting 4 years to finally make an order. I first saw the Rhodes 22 at the Annapolis Boat Show in 2010 and have been wanting one ever since. Stan, at General Boats, is in the process of recycling a 1998 boat for me and I have made most of the necessary decisions. The one remaining issue is what motor to have installed. I'm not very knowledgeable about outboards, so I would appreciate any specific recommendations you might have.

I'm going to order a motor and have it shipped to GB. My sailing will be done on Kentucky Lake, not the ocean, so I don't think I need the biggest motor possible. I'm thinking either a 6 hp or 8 hp would be sufficient. Stan says I also need:
If possible -- High Thrust sailboat outboard
Whether high thrust or not, I should get a Sailboat pitched propeller
Long tiller handle with throttle and gear shift on the handle.

So, do any of you have a recent OB purchase that meets these requirements?
Has anyone recently had an OB installed by GB?

Thanks for your help

Bob

Robert L Weiss Jr.
Director of Music