[Rhodes22-list] HIGH THRUST PROP?

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Fri Aug 29 08:25:36 EDT 2014

The only downside I have found with my high thrust prop on my 9.9hp is it provides me with too much speed at times.  When I'm approaching my slip at the lowest possible throttle I'm still going faster than I would like and I have to shift into neutral to slow down.  Also, when cruising alongside other sail boats at low throttle, I'm outrunning them.  Now when I want to get up and go, the prop really does its thing and I use next to no gas over the season.  Just a consideration. - Rob

Rob Lowe
s/v still no name
96 Rhodes