[Rhodes22-list] Seam line name

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Fri Dec 5 12:59:07 EST 2014

Chuy,

I ve never had the leak but need to replace my rub rail soon. I would use
3M5200 if you can get all of the old sealant out.

ALSO question to the more experienced self-restorers out there on the list:
Has anyone ever tried to take apart the superstructure deck from the hull
section successfully?  Meaning: place them back together again?
I was advised not to even think about this difficult task, but in my case it
would ve made fixing the laminate under my fwd foam easier.  I would have
also wanted to reinforce the laminate in the middle section around the sides
and aft of the cockpit foam.  My 1981 R22 hull depresses into the rear
stands quiet a bit but to do that reinforcement job correctly, I wanted to
just take apart the two sections using the yards fork lift.

Lou
s/v Miracles
Mill Basin Bklyn