[Rhodes22-list] Seam line name

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Fri Dec 5 09:54:42 EST 2014

Hi Chuy....I had the same problem on my (self) restored 1984 R22. The
thorough and proper way to seal the "Hull to Deck" joint is to completely
remove the old rub-rail and drill out all the pop rivets that fasten the
deck to the hull doing about 10 ft at a time (I did this so to prevent any
possible hull/deck deformation). Scrape out the old caulk.

I then banged shims into the joint to spread it apart and squirted 3M 5200
caulk into the gap, clamped and re-riveted the joint and attached a new
rub-rail.

The quick and dirty way is to eyeball the joint externally for any obvious
gaps and try to get some caulk up into it.

That's my 2 cents

Richard S/V Waif