[Rhodes22-list] Hatch gaps

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Mon Dec 8 10:59:33 EST 2014

Brooks,

Excellent points from the Rumster, Stan will have the gasket material - major correction to accomplish.  Need be, you could use screen door gasket material from Home Depot as an immediate remedy, although not permanant.  A picture of how you can see thru would reveal if the hatch has possibly warped or the hatch hinges are damaged.  Ask the former skipper.  In any case the Rhodes does not make into a comfortable bathtub for your wife.

I have suggested previously that our boat makes into an incredible motor cruiser whenever the sailing rigors seem inconvenient.  It becomes a spacious boat for party animals with boomroom in place.

R,

Art Czerwonky
r/b MaryJane, Lake Hartwell
Cover-man at comcast.net