[Rhodes22-list] Seam line name

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Mon Dec 8 12:25:15 EST 2014

Robert,
   Yes, several people warned about the top and bottom half problems.  If I do replace the rail, I will not remove and replace the rub rail at the same time but in small lengths.  I am not ready to do that.  Several folks wrote that they sealed the rail on the top and bottom and that had stopped most of the leaks.  I will try that and redo the port lights, and hope.

Thanks and Happy Holidays,

Chuy
1987 Rhodes 22, After-Math

---- The Rhodes 22 Email List <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org> wrote:
> I read a thread on another site where a guy took the deck off of a Venture
17.  When he went to put it back together there was a 2" gap at the bow.
Either the deck had curve up or the hull down (or both).  He finally got
them back together but he had to use jacks and bags of sand etc. to bend
the deck down and the  bow stem up.  So if you do decide to take your deck
all the way off.   Plan ahead.  Things will shift, warp and bend and
getting the pieces to fit again can be a real challenge.

Dr. Robert Granger
Department of Chemistry
Sweet Briar College
434-381-6403
rgranger at sbc.edu

On Sat, Dec 6, 2014 at 10:18 PM, The Rhodes 22 Email List <