[Rhodes22-list] Moving trailerless boat in VA

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Wed Dec 24 22:30:39 EST 2014

I sailed for years on smith mountain lake.  It's an awesome lake for sailing, the mountain range scoops wind for about 50 miles and funnels it across the lake.  The problem is that from june to september there is no wind except for ~8am to 10am and from ~6pm to 8pm. The only exception is thunderstorm wind.
The premium sailing months are may and october.
I have had some truly wonderful march and april sailing days and a few december ones as well.
SML is hard to beat, no gators, no barnacles, lots of peace, deep water, great fishing and good restaurants! Consider a little runabout or even a nice whitehall rowboat for summer days when there is just no wind. (We used to row!)
Either way enjoy!