[Rhodes22-list] Moving trailerless boat in VA

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Mon Dec 29 15:52:30 EST 2014

Scott,
What marina in Deltaville are you moving to? I'm only @ 45 mins away up the No Neck.elle Beer is good....people are crazy

1992 Rhodes 22    Recycled '06"Watermusic"  {Lady in Red}
watermusic38 at yahoo.com

     On Wednesday, December 24, 2014 3:00 PM, The Rhodes 22 Email List <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org> wrote:

 Hello all,

I'm new to the list. I've been lurking on the list since I bought my 22 in June (1985/2010) on Smith Mountain Lake in VA. I  thought SML would be a good place to familiarize myself with the boat. No wind all summer; got in only four good days this year. So I want to move it to Deltaville on the Chesapeake.

Now I'm finding out that moving a sailboat is not as easy as I thought. Not any old trailer will do. I don't want to buy one, since I would have to buy a truck to go with it, and might never use the trailer again. I got a quote for $750 from what seems to be a reputable transporter, but his hydraulic trailer is too big for the ramp I want to use, local lifts are closed, blah blah. It all seems like brain surgery when there is a perfectly good ramp for a Rhodes trailer about 100 feet from my slip.

Is there anyone in Virginia with an empty trailer and a truck who wants to make some money? Or does anyone have another idea?

Have a merry.

Scott

Tomato Sloop