[Rhodes22-list] Standing rigging thickness

James Nichols jfn302 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 13 20:22:15 EST 2014

Hey John,

I would be very cautious about upgrading the wire to a larger diameter, I
was reading about doing that on my own and the larger diameter wire requires
higher tension which in turn creates higher loads on the mast and in turn
creates higher pressure on the deck, which causes cracking and such.. over
all, it's not a good idea to change the diameter from what I read, if I can
find the links that the rigging engineer gave all the details in, I'll
definitely post them so you can read for yourself, but 1/8th cable is what
our rig was designed with and what it should be kept at is the general gist
of what I got from it.  Especially since our masts don't tend to have a
compression post below them.

James