[Rhodes22-list] Standing rigging thickness

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Fri Feb 14 11:54:46 EST 2014

This topic has been discussed many, many, many times over the years and
there are several different expert opinions on how to tighten the stays.
Everything "a book" will tell you should be thrown out the window. This is a
deck stepped mast and not a keel stepped. BIG DIFFERENCE. 160 pounds or 180
pounds of pressure is ridiculous. And you wonder why your shrouds have
stretched? Search the archives for the correct method to adjust the stays. If
you can't find it, ask again and I or some other knowledgeable Rhodie will
take  the time to tell you how it should be done. Oh, and throw that damn Lews
(SP?)  gauge away.

Rummy

In a message dated 2/13/2014 9:45:45 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,