[Rhodes22-list] Standing rigging thickness

Art Czerwonky cover-man at comcast.net
Fri Feb 14 08:34:50 EST 2014

John,

Mark makes a good point.  The lee stays should be loose on a tack.  I saw one of our boats last fall with too-tight stays throughout and the cabin roof and mast step were visible depressed as a consequence.  I would advise getting an opinion from another sailing skipper.

Rummy, you there in the Hartwell snow?  You sail under the extreme winds - do you experience stretch in your stays?

My caution relates more to the cabin roof and mast step than to the cost of replacing and upgrading the stays.

Best to you,

Art
s/v MaryJane
Atlanta/St Pete