[Rhodes22-list] Reakistic Expectations for Rhodes 22

Rick sloopblueheron at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 15:22:02 EST 2014

I have sailed on Lake Erie in 5' waves just fine.  If you find yourself
pulling the tiller all the way over, you have too much sail out.  The R22
with IMF sails best at neutral helm no matter what the wind speed.

The waves on Lake Erie are choppy and the farther west, the choppier.  If
you're going to sail in high wind with the heavy IMF mast, you at least
need a compression post.  Stan has that.  If you carry a lot of weight in
the cockpit, you'll need to reenforce the benches to reduce the flex that
cracks gelcoat at the bulkheads.  Sailing, Inc. in Cleveland can do that.

Rick