[Rhodes22-list] New outboard for a Rhodes 22

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Tue Jul 15 21:53:11 EDT 2014

The engine was the main reason I had to give up my Rhodes.  Had a 9.9 hp 4 stroke Yamaha that gave me nothing but trouble.  Talked extensively with the Torqueedo representative at Annapolis sailboat show and with Stan Spitzer at same time. For sailing in the Chester River and Chesapeake Bay with the weight of a Rhodes and possibility of strong current/wind, the smaller motor (4Hp) was not recommended.  Both parties felt that the next step up (sorry, forget the Hp) would be needed BUT it required 2 very heavy/large batteries.  Also, it's arm does not fold (like the smaller one) and the use of the motor lift would be a problem.  That's when I gave up.  Hope you have better luck.

Alice