[Rhodes22-list] new: R22 on youtube [was re: new genoa furling system]

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Fri Jul 25 07:26:21 EDT 2014

Shawn,
You can lay a R22 over on her side, but it requires a lot of rail meat and
even more rum.

Rummy

In a message dated 7/24/2014 8:53:02 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org writes:

Great  idea Ted:

At the ripe old age of 71, and as the proud possessor of a  recent stent, I
would love to see  some movies of Stan (and other long  time R22 sailors)
putting the boat through her paces.

It is  increasingly clear to me that the inability to capsize means
rethinking  heel, centerboard position, jib belly, etc. relationships - I'm
fumbling my  way
to getting a feel for things, but it would be of great value to all  Rhodies
to watch and hear Stan, in his own inimitable style,  at  various points of
sail
and different wind speeds . Heck,  I would  buy the camera if we could
figure out a way to get something  going.

Cheers,
Shawn
S/V Sweet Baboo (Recycled 86)